- Library cards are required to borrow materials.
- Library cards will be issued to children of any age. However, anyone under the age of 1 must have (1) their parent or legal guardian present while registering or (2) their registration card signed by their parent or legal guardian.
- A valid form of photo ID with current address is required for an adult (16 years of age and older) to receive a library card. If an individual does not have identification with a current address, another document (such as a utility bill) is required to verify the person's address.
- Patrons must pick up their own library cards unless they are housebound.
- Individuals residing temporarily in the community may receive a card if they present proof of their permanent address. These individuals can borrow only 3 items the first time they borrow materials.
- Patrons must use their own cards when checking out materials.
Exceptions: a. Individuals can check out items held on reserve for a patron using the patron's card.
b. Babysitters, who have written permission from a parent/guardian, may use the parent's/guardian's card.
c. Under certain circumstances, cardholders may contact the library and permit others to use their card (i.e., housebound patrons).
d. If the individual who's card is being used is present at the front desk when materials are being checked out.
7. Patrons may borrow materials without having their library card if their identity can be verified by a driver's license or other valid form of photo identification.
8. The first card is free. A $2.00 fee will be charged for lost or damaged cards.