HOT OF THE PRESS SHELF
As of April 1st Massena Public Library will be dismantling the “New Books Table.” In an effort to provide our patrons with the newest books sooner, we will have in its place a “Hot Off The Press” bookshelf. All our latest purchases, both fiction and non-fiction, will be on this new shelf. Our current New Books Table highlights only 10 new titles per week. The books not chosen that week remain in the library workroom until they appear on the weekly Request Table this could take several weeks. Our new system will allow all books to be placed on the “Hot Off The Press” shelf as soon as the book is cataloged, eliminating the wait time. Our patrons will choose their selection from a larger assortment of new books and will get them much sooner than in the past. The “Hot off the Press” titles will circulate for a 2 week loan period until all Massena holds on the book have been fulfilled, they will then be placed on our “New Book Shelf” where they will circulate for a four week loan period.
- ALL new bestsellers will continue to be loaned for a 2 week period.
- Hot Off The Press Shelf books will have a red dot on the spine, which will designate a two week loan period.
- A weekly list of new books will be available every Friday at the “Hot Off The Press” shelf and at the circulation desk.
- If you would like to place a hold on a new book that is not on the “Hot Off the Press” shelf please let the circulation desk staff know what title you’d like.
- If you’d like to place a hold on a book we have not yet received, please speak with Debbie Fuehring and she will place your name on the book when it arrives at Massena Public Library.
- You can view all our new books on our website at: www.massenapubliclibrary.org. Look at the titles in the New Book Carousel and you can reserve your book directly from our website.
In place of our weekly request table we are introducing a new Coffee Bar!
- You can purchase a variety of coffees and teas for .75 a cup
- Bottled water will also be available to purchase for .75 a bottle
- Purchase your coffee or tea pod at the circulation desk
- Feel free to bring your own travel mug