Building Reopening April 12, 2021
The Massena Public Library has reopened on April 12, 2021 with curbside pick-up and limited in-building services.
- Patrons will be allowed inside at a maximum of 50% of building occupancy.
- Patrons will enter and exit the library from either entrance and will be required to sign in, wear masks, and practice social distancing.
- All library materials that have been touched must be quarantined for 96 hours. Patrons should deposit materials they have touched but do not wish to take out in the bins provided for this purpose.
- Patrons will be permitted to browse all areas of the Library. Patrons will be permitted to work and read at the tables, but must remain socially distant.
- Patrons will be allowed to browse and visit the Warren Room to access the newspaper. The children’s area is open for browsing but all games, toys and activities are unavailable at this time.
- Curbside pickup service is still available.
Requesting, Borrowing and Returning Materials
Patrons are encouraged to continue placing holds using the online catalog (www.ncls.org) or by calling the Library at (315) 769-9914 for staff assistance. Library materials shall be returned in the exterior drop box. When inside the building library patrons will checkout at the Circulation Desk, by placing their library card with barcode side up on the countertop for staff to scan.
- Patrons can place materials on hold through the online catalog, or they can call the library for assistance with their needs.
- Patrons will be notified by staff phone call when their item is available for pick up during library hours.
- Patrons should call library staff from the library parking lot when they arrive for their pick up.
- Library staff will check out their materials, place them in a bag and put it outside the door.
- Patrons should wear a mask and maintain social distancing from other patrons when outside the library.
Computers and Wi-Fi
Four computers will be available for patron use in the public computer lab for 1.5 hours per day. In order to avoid disappointment, we encourage patrons to make an appointment to use the computers. The computer keyboard and the mouse will be covered with a disposable plastic cover that will changed between patron use.
Wi-Fi is available 24/7 inside and outside the library building.
Printing, copying faxing and notary services are available
Overdue fines for late materials will continue to be waived
Click image to enlarge.
Update to Library Giving Day - April 7, 2021
1 Day * 100 Books * $1,000
A huge thank you to our amazing community for your support of Massena Public Library. We asked for $1,000, and thanks to your generosity, we have received $4,000, and donations are still coming in! If you haven't donated it's not too late! All donations in support of Library Giving Day will be used to purchase new adult, teen and children's books
Thank you for supporting your library!
To donate online, view the Support MPL page.
Massena Public Library Book Bags For Sale
Take pride in your library; carry a canvas library bookbag!
We are selling gray canvas book bags with our library logo for $10 each. The bags measure 14" x 14" and are sturdy enough to carry books or groceries. Call us at (315) 769-9914 or come to the library if you would like to buy a bag. We have a very limited number for sale. Help support your library and the environment!
Click image to enlarge.
Annual Report to the Community 2020
The Massena Public Library Annual Report to the Community for 2020 is now available. Despite being shut down for a couple months, and only opening for curbside services, we still managed to serve our patrons!
The Hot Off the Press list of new materials for April 14 - April 24 is now available.
Tween Book Club is for tweens/teens ages 10-13 and occurs every Monday starting March 29th from 4-4:45pm.
Click image to enlarge.
Support the Massena Public Library through the Amazon Foundation
Just shop at Amazon as you usually do, and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the Massena Public Library, all without cost to you! Use http://smile.amazon.com to shop and login to your Amazon account as usual. On your first visit, select "Massena Public Library" to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping.
Your choice of charity will be in the upper left corner of your browser. A drop down box will allow you to enter “ Massena Public Library”.
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible smile.amazon.com purchases to the Massena Public Library. Tens of millions of products are eligible for donations. You will see eligible products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation” on their product detail pages at smile.amazon.com or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon Shopping app. Recurring Subscribe & Save purchases and subscription renewals are not currently eligible to generate donations.
Only purchases made at smile.amazon.com, (not www.amazon.com) or with AmazonSmile turned ON in the Amazon Shopping app on your mobile phone will generate AmazonSmile donations.
View the About AmazonSmile Page.
Roll For Initiative occurs every Wednesday from 5-7 via google meetings. RFI is for teens in school from ages 13-18. (Kids who are in public, private, or homeschooled are all eligible.)
The North Country Library System provides eBooks and audiobooks through Overdrive and the Libby App.